Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy Mother's day!

The last golden rays of the setting sun reflected off the ochre stone wall of the house, casting a long shadow in the dust. A gentle evening breeze sprang up, rustling through the treetops. For the first time in many days several clouds were in the sky, heralding a possible change in the weather. Everything was peaceful. As if the evening breeze knew that I wasn't going anywhere. Yes, it's mother's day and I ain't going anywhere. No day out or even night out with family. Given, I don't have one. 

My eyes felt sticky and heavy with tears which had been oozing out of a gash because of that 2 hour earlier conversation. 

"Ma, Happy mother's day! I love you." then she answered me back.. "Anak! Miss na miss ko na kayo. Thankyou" 

Those exact words bathed my heart with tears,lately we've been bushed up with problems and we end up arguing. Honestly, making her cry is the least thing I ought to do. Unfortunately I had blacked out from sheer physical exhaustion and pain. BOOM! I made her cry! I made my mother cry! And I cursed myself for not having a quick glimpse around. I vividly remembered having been dragged by different stuff and I decided to make every effort to analyze my predicament and find out what the hell was going on with me. Whatever delusions I may have had after regaining my senses. I was now sure of one thing. I'm in for a rough ride. I made a big mistake. 

Ma, I'm sorry for all the shortcomings I made. Without you, I would feel utterly despondent and abandoned by the world I knew. I am nothing without you. You're my mother, friend, bestfriend, teacher, critic, couselor and my better half. I miss you and I love you. 
Happy mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment