Friday, February 3, 2012

Almost


     We decided to eat dinner and talk things up. I held his hand and said, I’ve got something to tell you. He sat down and started to stare at me. Suddenly, I didn’t know how to say it but I had to let him know what I was thinking. I raised the topic calmly. He didn’t seem to be annoyed by my words, instead he asked me softly, why? I avoided his question. This made him angry and said “You’re very unpredictable! I already gave you everything, what do you still want me to do?”  

     That night, we didn’t talk to each other. I knew he wanted to find out what had happened to our relationship but I could hardly give him a reasonable answer; I had lost my heart to a munificent man. I GUESS I didn’t love him anymore.

      With a deep sense of guilt, I texted him that he could still visit me after a week besides if things won’t work we can still be friends after all. The man who had spent 2 years and 10 months of his life with me had become completely stranger. I felt sorry for his wasted time, energy and love but I could not take back what I had said. The idea of breaking up with him which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

      The next day, I came back home very late from work and went straight to sleep and fell fast asleep because I was tired after an eventful day with my students. When I woke up, I was shocked seeing a bunch of Callalily flowers around the house while he’s standing next to the door staring at me smiling, teasing me. Things became tricky I rushed into him and hugged him saying “NAKAKAINIS KA! NAKAKAINIS KA TALAGA, HINDI NAMAN KAYA AKO NATUWA” and he just answered me back “I LOVE YOU, KAHIT NA TOYOIN KA PA!”

No comments:

Post a Comment